Trans-Humanism: The Last Humans
- This is what’s left of Buchenwald Concentration Camp.
- This video was taken by my cell phone last May when we were in Germany
- Built by the Nazis in 1937 as a place to keep political dissidents,
- Buchenwald lies on Ettersberg Hill in a forest near the city of Weimar,
- The political capital & cultural heart of Germany prior to Hitler.
- Weimar was the home of Goethe, Shiller, & Franz Liszt.
- Richard Wagner debuted his operas & symphonies at Weimar’s famous annual Music Festival.
- Friedrich Nietzsche’s writings were archived & treasured there.
- It was a center of art & sophistication
- Yet just 4 miles away lies Buchenwald were some of the greatest atrocities in the long course of history took place.
- Walk with Me
- Today there’s little left of the camp.
- Allied bombs destroyed a large part of the headquarters, soldier’s barracks, & factories were the inmates were employed making war supplies.
- What the bombs missed, the Soviets dismantled, including all the prisoner’s barracks.
- Now as you stand inside the gate of the prisoner’s yard, all you see is a flat expanse with dozens of rectangular stone foundations where the buildings once stood.
- Around the perimeter are a few brick buildings left by the Soviets as a reminder of the atrocities committed there.
- Walk with me, through the iron gate, bearing the words “To Each His Own” – a German idiom meaning, “You get what you deserve.”
- Look at the now empty field where over 100,000 prisoners were housed in a space originally planned for a tenth of that.
- Between 1937-1945, quarter of a million inmates passed through Buchenwald.
- 56,000 perished.
- Follow me among the buildings, each housing different groups; Poles, Russians, political prisoners, homosexuals, Gypsies, Jehovah’s Witnesses & of course, Jews.
Among the political prisoners is someone known to many of us – Dietrich Bonhoffer.
- Among the Jewish prisoners are dozens of the well-known, including Israel Meir Lau, Chief Rabbi of Israel -
- And Elie Wiesel who will go on from Buchenwald to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
- As we emerge from the barracks section we come upon the infirmary which is anything but a place of healing.
- It’s a lab used by the Nazis in their pursuit of a vaccine against typhus.
- 750 prisoners are their test subjects. Half will die but all will endure utter agony.
- All kinds of gruesome experimentation goes on here, justified in the minds of the SS that runs the camp because it’s done in the name of science & the betterment of the human race. As we bear right & walk about a hundred yards from the infirmary, we come to the stump of a tree.
- It’s all that remains of Goethe’s Oak.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is considered Germany’s greatest & most influential author; their Shakespeare.
- He lived in Weimar & often hiked up Ettersberg Hill to sit under this tree & write.
- The Nazis built Buchenwald around that oak tree.
- Stand with me, look at that stump & realize the outrageous contradiction it represents.
- A tree that stood as a symbol of the height of culture & sophistication, in the middle of absolutely insane inhumanity!
- Remember – Buchenwald was only 4 miles from Weimar, the cultural heart & political center of Germany for years.
- How Could It Happen?
- How could it happen? How could the Holocaust take place in the middle of 20th Century Europe?
- It happened because the author of the Final Solution wasn’t Adolph Hitler.
- Hitler was merely one of many pawns in a war that’s gone on far longer than WWII.
- It’s a war that began in Eden at the dawn of time & will continue to rage till the dawn of a new day.
- It’s a war we’re in today.
- Buchenwald is just one scene, one battlefield in that long war.
- And as I stood there in the silence at the back of the camp near the infirmary, the stench of death lingering in the air, I realized this is going to happen all over again.
- Because the lies the Nazis used to accomplish the Holocaust are alive & well & growing once again in hearts & minds of people all over the world.
- Let me explain. To do so, we need to go back to the beginning & look at a familiar passage.
II. THE LIE
- Genesis 3
1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
2 And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.’ ”
4 Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.
7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
- Note that Satan appealed to Eve’s desire to improve herself.
- He stirred up her curiosity about something new & said there was knowledge that would make her MORE & BETTER.
- She could transcend what she was to become more than human.
- While preparing for a prophecy update a little over a year ago, I came across a term that piqued my curiosity – Posthumanism.
- I’d just finished reading Michael Crichton’s latest book, Next, which is about bioengineering, & decided to see how much of what he wrote about is already in play.
- Turns out, most of it is already old news in the biotech field.
- The Internet has made research a lot simpler than it used to be & within minutes I was able to track down dozens of links exposing a vast field many still know nothing about.
- t’s called trans & posthumanism.
- The more I read, the more I realized I was seeing something I had long suspected but hoped I was wrong about.
- Futurists are pointing to a new era of what it means to BE human.
- They contend that very soon, the human race will evolve into a new species that will be fundamentally different from homo sapiens.
- Since they don’t know what that new species will look like, they refer to it as Post-Human.
- Believing modern man has reached the end of this branch of his evolution & is on the cusp of transitioning into Posthumans, they refer to this era as Transhumanism.
- The concept of evolution, a given in most places, is being merged with technology, genetics, medicine, & the idea of progress.
- The result is a new definition of humanity & the belief in an imminent emergence of a new species.
- Again, since it’s unknown what that new species will be, it’s simply referred to as post-human.
- The famous futurist Alvin Tofler says:
The world is moving fast towards a ‘fourth wave’ in which humans will transition themselves into posthumans, thanks to multiple and simultaneous advances of technology. Such a change has been described by some experts as analogous to when apes evolved into humans.
- Posthumanism is the idea that evolution, aided by the active participation of technology, genetics, & medicine will produce something better, a creature more advanced than homo sapiens.
- Some conjecture there will be different versions & models of posthumans, a whole range of new species.
- Suggested labels are – Cyber sapiens, Bio-orgs, Cyborgs, Silorgs, Symborgs & the Global Brain.
- This is from the Betterhumans website. As I read it, listen with the backdrop of Satan’s seductive appeal to Eve in Genesis
- As the possibility for conscious human redesign has emerged, so too has a philosophical movement that considers the implications. This approach to future-oriented thinking, known as transhumanism, works on the premise that the human species does not represent the end of human evolution but, rather, its beginning. Its proponents believe that what is required to manage the process is an interdisciplinary approach to assist us in understanding and evaluating the possibilities for overcoming biological limitations through scientific progress. Ultimately, transhumanists hope to see technological opportunities expanded for people, so that they may live longer and healthier lives and enhance their intellectual, physical and emotional capacities. Transhumanism emphasizes that we have the potential not just to "be" but to "become." Not only can we use rational means to improve the human condition and the external world, but we can also use them to improve ourselves, namely the human organism. And we are not limited only to the methods, such as education, which humanism normally espouses. Rather we will have the means that will eventually enable us to move beyond what most would describe as human. Transhumanists believe that, through the accelerating pace of technological development and scientific understanding, we are entering a whole new stage in human history.
Advances in artificial intelligence, robotics,
bioengineering, cloning, cryonics, nanotechnology, new energies, mind uploading,
dietary interventions, "designer babies", cyborgs,
molecular chemistry, telecommunications, space exploration, immortality and virtual reality will lead to substantial physical and mental augmentation, possibly converging at a "singularity" point.
Now- Listen carefully to this next part . . .
- Still, the historical human desire to transcend bodily and mental limitations is deeply intertwined with a human fascination with new knowledge, which might be both inspiring and frightening. How these technologies are used could fundamentally change the character of our society, and irrevocably alter the definitions of ourselves and how we have assessed our place in the larger scheme of things.
If we believe that biological evolution has reached a limit, what will come next?
- Let me read that part again & as I do, think Biblically & tell me if it doesn’t make the hair on the back of your neck stand up
Still, the historical human desire to transcend bodily and mental limitations is deeply intertwined with a human fascination with new knowledge, which might be both inspiring and frightening.
- Well, here we are in the last days & everything has come full circle, right back to Eden & the original lie.
- Transhumanism says it’s time to force evolution’s hand by using both physical & spiritual technologies to make better humans.
- 2 THESSALONIANS 2
- Now, let’s look to what the Apostle Paul tells us about what’s coming in 2 Thess. 2:1-12
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first,
- The Thessalonians had heard some goofy teaching about the ends times that confused them.
- Persecution had become heated & some thought they were in the Tribulation.
- What troubled them was that when Paul was with them, he’d told them the Rapture occurs BEFORE the Tribulation. So if they were in the Tribulation, it meant they’d missed it.
- Paul wrote to comfort them; they hadn’t missed anything.
- He says, “You’re not in the Tribulation, because if you were, you’d have seen stuff.”
- First is a great falling away of people from the Faith, a wholesale apostasy.
- Which of course there will be.
- Once the salt & light of true believers is removed, all that’ll be left are frauds & fakes.
- Churches & denominations will be taken over by the lost.
- Sad to say in some, there’ll be no change in leadership at all.
- You think mainline denominations are bad now – just wait.
- Then Paul speaks of the emergence of the antichrist–
3b and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition [hell], 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
- In Daniel 9 we’re told that half way thru the Tribulation, the antichrist will cause the temple service that’s been renewed in Jerusalem to cease & will turn on the Jewish people he’s tricked into thinking he was their Messiah.
- Daniel says he does something so abominable in the sight of God it results in immediate judgment that brings utter desolation.
- That’s why Jesus called it the “abomination of desolation.” He said when it’s seen standing in the temple, the Jews need to get out of Dodge.
- Here Paul gives us a clue what the abomination of desolation is – the antichrist – claiming to be god, & demanding that he be worshipped.
- But don’t miss the last part of v.4 – the antichrist shows that he IS God.
- As the spawn of hell, he’s given power by satan to work miracles that seem confirm his claim to deity.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way.
- It’s the Holy Spirit, resident in the world through believers, who Christ said were the salt & light of the world, that prevents the emergence of antichrist.
- But when believers are removed in the Rapture, when the salt & light are yanked out, nothing will stand in evil’s way.
- What’s interesting is that Paul could see the threads of all this in his day.
- It was the height of Rome’s power – when the emperor of Rome was worshipped as a god.
- What is the antichrist but a later day Caesar who presides over a reborn Roman Empire.
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
- The people of the world will fall all over themselves in admiration of the antichrist who validates his claim to deity by performing miracles through demonic power.
- He’ll tell huge lies people will buy, because they WANT to believe them.
- Paul says that because they’ve knowingly rejected truth, God will give them over to the lies they want to be true.
- But there is one lie that rises above them all – v.11. For this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe THE lie.
- What’s that? It’s the first lie, the original – that man can be god.
- The devil knows that lie got the first humans to turn from God;
- Here at the end, he sticks to the same ole’ bait with the last humans.
III. PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Putting this all together, it’s not difficult imagining the antichrist, empowered by satan who wants to dominate & destroy the human race, making the claim to being god, then backing it up by performing miracles.
- He says the human race has reached the end this era of its evolution.
- Crises & challenges are coming that require humanity adapt, or it won’t survive.
- He claims to be the first to enter the next stage in human development & evolution;
- one that possesses powers that appear god-like,
- but are available to all who will follow his path to enlightenment.
- Consider what’s already in play that’s softening people up for deception.
- Despite all the evidence against it, evolution is nearly universally accepted as fact.
- The delusion is pervasive, even among large numbers of the religious.
- The model of evolution that’s in vogue right now is not the old Darwinian view–
- Where change takes place by small mutations over long periods of time.
- The fossil record doesn’t allow that – so a new scenario has been proposed called punctuated equilibrium, which says evolution proceeds by rapid change over a short time.
- Quantum leaps are made from one species to another in a single generation.
- Stories of this kind of evolution are popular – X-Men, & the hit TV series Heroes are examples
- Then there’s the theme of technology used to aid mankind’s evolution.
- Spiderman, X-Men
- Kyle XY, The Bionic Woman, a show that’s been resurrected from 20 years ago.
- I wonder if The 6 Million Dollar Man is next, although they’ll have to up his cost a bit.
- The 20th Century & Beyond
- The 20th Century saw 2 examples of how seductive the appeal to perfect the human race can be.
- Based on the premise of evolution, Hitler called the Aryan race, who he claimed was the most highly evolved, to embrace its destiny as masters of the world.
- It was their right to rule & to take the responsibility for human evolution.
- As its guardian, Aryans needed to stamp out the lesser races, the human “weeds” as Hitler called them.
- That’s how he justified the Holocaust.
Millions bought Hitler’s propaganda & brought untold death & suffering to tens of millions.
- It was the Final Solution for dealing with those who would hinder human evolution.
- And as difficult & messy as it might be, they owed it to the future to remove every threat.
- b. Communism is nothing but evolution applied to politics & economics.
- Communism’s goal is the perfection of society without the restraints of morality.
- And in the pursuit of that goal, more millions have been slaughtered.
- How seductive will the antichrist’s appeal be, do you think, when he seemingly validates his claim to having evolved by performing miracles in the sight of all?
- If millions followed Hitler & Stalin with nothing but a promise & inspiring speech,
- Then billions will follow one who gives proof of his claims.
- Revelation 13
- Transhumanism’s willingness to engage technology as a means to accelerate evolution sheds light on one of the most popular but least understood passages of prophecy–
- Revelation 13 & what’s called “the mark of the beast.”
- After describing his vision of the rise of the antichrist, the Apostle John tells us of another vision of the antichrist’s chief lieutenant – a guy referred to as the false prophet.
- The antichrist is primarily a political, economic & military leader.
- The false prophet is his liaison with the religious realm -
11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.
- Horns are symbols of kingdoms & rulers.
- 2 little lamb horns probably refer to religious authorities; like Islam & Christendom.
- While this guy appears religious – his words are a clever, seductive deception.
12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth— by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
- In light of what’s taking place today in the field of transgenics & bio-technology, the image the false prophet makes & gives life to takes on a whole new realm of potential.
- This image could be a clone of the antichrist.
- Clones of several different species having been produced.
- And while bio-ethicists debate human cloning, researchers plow on ahead and have now produced human embryo clones.
- It could be some form of artificial intelligence.
- Here’s an article from the FOXNews website about brain cells being fused with computer chips to create neuro- chips that make “living computers.”
- From the National Geographic website, here’s an article about Animal-Human Hybrids. Human genes are being plugged
- Animal genes are being plugged into human DNA to produce what are called chimeras, creatures that cross species lines.
- Just 2 weeks ago, researchers at the J. Craig Venter Institute produced the first synthetic DNA.
- This is an actual picture of a rabbit’s eye, onto which circuitry was grafted.
- Here’s an article on the plan to bioengineer artificial lab rats because of the growing outcry against animal testing.
- The point to glean from all this is how technology is increasingly being wed to biology in the pursuit of upgrading one’s capacities.
16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
- This of course is the famous “mark of the beast” that’s been the subject of so much imaginative work in novels & films.
- Just 30 years ago, most consumer financial transactions were either conducted by cash or check.
- 25 year ago, credit cards achieved parity with cash & checks.
- 20 years ago, the credit card became the predominant form of payment.
- 10 years ago, the debit card became popular.
- And now buying & selling without handling cash is the norm.
- The technology supporting EFT is constantly being revised, with the consumer side using various mediums for accessing their financial accounts.
- First it was a card, then a key fob, then a wand.
- The major credit companies are experimenting with new technologies
- but the common direction is toward a personal miniature device carried on one’s person,
- inserted under the skin, that interacts with an external reader.
- The technology is already being used in tagging pets.
- A tiny chip is inserted in the skin of the neck or ear.
- When a reader is held near, it activates the chip that feeds data about the pet to the reader via a radio signal.
- These chips are called RFID’s – radio frequency identification devices.
- They come in various shapes & sizes.
- WalMart’s entire inventory system utilizes RFID wafers.
The RFID used in humans is about the size of a grain of rice.
- Readers are on the door of their warehouses & stores.
- When a pallet leaves the warehouse, it’s noted when it left, what was on the pallet, & where it was headed.
- When it arrives at the store, it’s entered into inventory.
- When an item is sold, it’s subtracted from the store’s inventory & when enough of that item has been sold, an order for more is automatically generated at the warehouse, & another pallet is shipped out.
- It’s all done wirelessly, automatically.
- WalMart knows where all its product is, at any given time. Total control!
- There are already thousands of people who’ve been implanted – including hundreds in the Mexican federal government.
- Readers in the door frames of sensitive offices record when they enter & exit so that tabs can be kept on them. Tagging has greatly reduced one form of corruption there.
- What’s provocative about all this is that the Greek word for “mark” in Rev. 13:16 refers to something made with a sharp, pointed instrument.
- In the ancient world, it was used to describe etching, carving, & sculpting with a chisel.
- There was no better word in the ancient world to describe a hypodermic needle, which is how human RFID’s are implanted.
- What’s ultra eerie is that the primary manufacturer of human RFID’s call it XMark.
- The false prophet & antichrist will demand this system because in the desire to BE god – they want total control of humanity.
- Without the chip, no one can buy or sell, that’s economic control.
- And if the chip possesses GPS technology as is being experimented with, then it would be possible to know where everyone was; a kind of technological omniscience.
- While many of us who’re older would balk at getting chipped, the youth culture’s love of tattoos & body-piercing can be perceived as part of a collective social consciousness being prepped for the mark of the beast.
- Cell phones, Bluetooth, instant & text messaging, wireless, broadband, are all accepted parts of the emerging culture.
- They’re grooming this generation to be plugged in & online 24/7.
- Electronics are no longer seen as neat toys to play with, or even tools to work with.
- They’ve become vital organs to live with.
- 17. While human chip implantation has yet to take off in the US, it’s becoming increasingly popular in Europe among young adults.
- Nightclubs there use RFIDs as a way to keep track of regular patrons.
- Clubs section off various areas & only allow access to certain people. That access is determined by their chip.
- And they don’t need to carry a wallet or cash because whatever they order is run on a tab cued to a reader.
- Because of this growing use of RFIDs in Europe & because some are squeamish at being implanted, the chips are being installed in jewelry.
- Since the antichrist comes to power at a time of global chaos, with widespread economic & political upheaval, it’s not at all difficult to imagine that people who are desperate for help will rush to his solutions.
- The requirement of getting chipped in order to be a part of the New System & help the human race get ready for the even greater crises the antichrist will say Planet Earth is about to face, will seem not only the right & loyal thing to do; they will accept his announcement it’s necessary.
- Those who refuse will be labeled a dangerous threat to the survival of humanity, one that must be eradicated quickly so the race can enter the next phase of it’s evolution under its benevolent leader.
- The Holocaust that follows will make Hitler’s Final Solution look like a picnic.
- Not long ago I read this book, The Nazi Conscience.
- I was curious how a rational people like the Germans could justify the murder of 6 million people.
- It was an eye-opening read because it showed how a small group of rabid ideologues were able to convince millions to quietly consent to an atrocity of cosmic proportion.
- They used cleverly crafted propaganda, taped into the German psyche, & a large does of fear.
- Most Germans didn’t like what was happening, but went along with Hitler’s program because they believed it was necessary–
- A hard reality that destiny had thrust on them.
- As I stood in the ruins of Buchenwald last May, a place that had witnessed abominable evil, just 4 miles from one of the great centers of Western culture, sophistication & refinement, the contradiction hit me like a slap to the face.
- But what was more unsettling still, was the realization that it’s all going to happen again.
- Another Adolf will rise at a crucial moment in history.
- Through cleverly crafted propaganda,
- By tapping into something deep within the human psyche, our desire to become more,
- And through fear & intimidation, he’ll repeat the lie that started the whole sorry mess we call human history.
- He’ll say that the human race stands poised on the cusp of its next evolutionary quantum leap, one it must take or it will not survive the great challenges about to come.
- He’s already made it & will show others the way.
- But the evolution of humanity must be made enmasse, a collective uniting around a single purpose because it’s as much a psychic & spiritual evolution as it is physical.
- Thus, those who resist must, for the sake of human survival, be removed.
- And though people won’t like it, they will shoulder the responsibility to do what must be done.
- “Farfetched” you say?
- “It’ll never happen. The Holocaust is too poignant a memory.”
- Time to wake up & smell the coffee.
- The Holocaust is being increasingly questioned & denied all over the world.
- Dec. 14, 2005, Iran’s president called it a myth.
- Consider this chilling image from an abortion rally not long ago–
- A. THE SINGULARITY
- What’s all the buzz right now in transhumanist circles is something they call, The Singularity.
- It’s the term they give that moment when social change is so fast & far reaching it creates a crisis that sparks the evolution of the posthuman.
- Several transhumanist authors have gone so far as to equate the Singularity with the Christian rapture.
- They say that a belief in the rapture is something planted deep within the human psyche—
- Hardwired into our genes, an evolutionary intuition that has now awakened because we’re about to reach the Singularity.
- Also called The Omega Point & The Grand Transition, most estimates for when it will occur run from 2020 to 2035.
- In speaking of the change that will occur in this Transhumanist Rapture, Physicist/Cosmologist Frank Tipler said — Humans will become “indistinguishable from God.”
- Here are just 4 of the many books I found at Borders on the subject of posthumanism.
- The Fabric of Reality by Physicist David Deutsch. Right here on the front cover we find his theme.
- Engines of Creation by one of the world’s foremost experts on nanotechnology, Eric Drexler. The foreword is by Marvin Minsky, a leading Transhumanist. Drexler’s conclusion is that nanotechnology holds the promise of humanity’s ability to alter the very fabric of matter so that an entirely new creation looms on a near horizon.
- Visions by physicist Michio Kaku. This book weaves together the threads of quantum mechanics, biogentics & artificial intelligence into a vision of the future. What makes it an eerie read is that it was written 10 years ago & many of the things Kaku predicted would not occur until farther out, have already come to pass.
- The Age of Spiritual Machine. [Read back cover]. The author of this is Ray Kurzweil, the world-famous inventor of such things as OCR, text to speech synthesis, & the electronic keyboard. Kurzweil is no crackpot. He’s a world-renowned scientist & just so happens to be leading the transhumanist charge. Kurzweil says the Singularity is upon us.
- Knowing I was going to be doing this today, I was intrigued by the recent re-release of Blade Runner.
- Remembering it was about the future when we’re able to manufacture synthroids – human-like creatures–
- I bought the DVD & watched to see if there was anything I could use.
- As the movie went along I realized there really wasn’t anything to use until I got to the very end, then, my oh my, what a pay-off!
- See – I’m convinced the antichrist will bury The Lie in an appeal to humanity’s salvation and that it comes through this transhumanistic merging of evolution & technology.
- So, watch this & be on the look out for all of the Christ-imagery.
- The Discussion
- I end with this question from a round-table discussion of transhumanist leaders. 
- These were not far-out whacky kooks; they were scientists & engineers.
- They were asked, “Do you think that a cross-section of humanity will make the transition to post-human or only the technological elite?”
- One responded, “Unfortunately, it is likely that many people will not become posthuman. Some will not want it, or dislike it due to religion, conservatism or fear. But many people are simply not aware of the possibility, not aware of their own ability to grow and develop.”
- Another said, “I think that most but not all people younger than 30 years old today will end up becoming something more than merely human.”
- But this is the response that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up; “If there is a single altruistic post-human individual, he can post-humanize the rest of us with the equivalent of a snap of the fingers.”
website article –“Posthuman Possibilities and the Future of Intelligent Life” -
May 19, 2003
http://members.aol.com/salaned/writings/survive.htm - Surviving the Singularity
by Steven Alan Edwards