IN HIS IMAGE Special Needs Ministry
To make disciples within the disabled community by demonstrating Christ’s love, and equipping the Church to minister so that all might fellowship, worship and serve.
Here are some of In His Image ministry offerings currently in place:
- FM transmitters are available during Wednesday and Sunday services. Headphones are not provided.
- Mentor support for special needs children and youth on Sundays.
- Class for youth (Junior/Senior High) with special needs at 9:30 a.m. service.
- Friendship Club held twice per month on Tuesday’s for adults with developmental disabilities. See below…
- Greeting ministry
- Awareness activities to equip all the saints to minister to those with special needs.
- Training sessions for mentors to work with special needs children, youth and adults.
Friendship Club is a ministry to adults with developmental disabilites. It is designed to provide Church for these members of the church and the community. It was started because two members of our congregation had complained to their parents that they didn’t understand the Pastor’s messages. They were bored and not wanting to come to church. This complaint was brought to the In His Image staff and Friendship Club was born. This is our third year of Friendship Club. It meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday’s of the month from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Currently, we have more than 30 members in our congregation. Each Friend has a mentor to assist them. The sessions start with Worship, Bible Study, Lesson time with their mentor, Prayer, and Fellowship. Friends are given a Bible written at the 3rd grade level and study materials to work on during the week. Extracurricular activities are also provided throughout the year. Movie nights, swim parties, fishing trips, and other activities.
Friendship Club’s Current Schedule (Please call the Hewers, phone number below, if not currently registered.)
|January 8, 2013||Lesson 1: Psalm 8, In Awe of God|
|January 22, 2013||Lesson 2: Psalm 23, Trusting in God|
|February 12, 2013||Valentine Celebration with the American Heritage Girls|
|February 26, 2013||Lesson 3: Psalm 13, Feeling Sad, Feeling Down|
|March 12, 2013||Lesson 4: Psalm 100, I Belong to God|
|March 26, 2013||Easter Celebration|
|April 9, 2013||Lesson 5: Psalm 46, When I Am Afraid|
|April 23, 2013||Lesson 6: Psalm 130, Waiting in Hope|
|May 14, 2013||Lesson 7: Psalm 51, I’m Sorry|
|May 28, 2013||Lesson 8: Psalm 139, Close to God|
|June 11, 2013||Lesson 9: Review & Celebrate|
* Would you like to become a mentor? Do you have a heart for those with disabilities?
* Are you a parent of a child/youth/adult with special needs who needs support?
* Are you a person with a disability who needs support?
Contact: Susan/Scott Hewer at (805) 985-4075 or at email@example.com